April 29, 2013
On the Record: Martha Lynn Kale
The gorgeous Martha Lynn, owner of Mirror Mirror, went from sitting behind a desk, working in advertising, to standing behind a chair. She trained under stylist Giacomo Forbes and found her talent to transform. Her style, technical ability, and aptitude for flair take her clients’ looks to the next level. Martha Lynn has been recognized as an exceptional artist, winning accolades such as “Best Hairstylist” at the 2010 Austin Fashion Awards and being named Rare Magazine’s “Rarest of Them All.”
She has also been involved in the styling for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Ballet Austin, and BMW of Austin. Her work has been featured in Austin Monthly, INsite, Austin-American Statesman Glossy and Rare. As an active member of her community, Martha Lynn works with Dress for Success and the Junior League of Austin. But today, we are thrilled she is sharing all her must-haves with us.
1. The Mirror Mirror Team: Most people spend more time at work than at home and I am incredibly blessed to work with such talented, inspiring and hilarious individuals.
2. Clarks Oyster Bar: I am a huge fan of raw oysters and they have the best in town.
3. Sweet Tea: I was raised in the South so I can’t live without my sweet tea.
4. Michael Kors watch with Kendra Scott bangles: I love layering lots of arm candy and as a hair stylist it’s important that I’m always on time! I have had this watch for years and it’s one I always go back to.
5. Living Proof hair products: Once we started carrying this line in the salon it totally changed the way I look at hair products. You see an immediate result and the No Frizz line keeps me from having to use heat tools as much.
6. Rosemary Beach, FL: We are planning a family vacation so I have beach on the brain, the water is so gorgeous and the sand is so white it’s a breath of fresh air.
8. Louis Vuitton Never Full: I don’t carry a separate diaper bag so this has to fit my life into it. It’s the perfect size for my laptop and baby essentials.
9. Shellac Nail Polish: Since we added nail services to our menu at Mirror Mirror I am totally obsessed with the fact that a manicure will actually last me 2 weeks. My current favorite color is Studio White.